“Malaysia is currently ranked as the world’s 11th most preferred study destination by UNESCO.”
The Malaysian government is committed to its vision of turning the country into a high quality education destination for students from all over the globe. The country’s Ministry of Higher Education monitors all institutions to ensure that they adhere to the highest standards.
As a result, many reputable foreign universities from countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand have set up branch campuses in Malaysia or engaged in collaboration with Malaysian institutions.
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) monitors the quality of all areas of the education system. It is the main quality assurance and accrediting body and it has the responsibility of assuring the quality of both public and private higher education institutions in Malaysia. This ensures students gain the skills they need and obtain qualifications that are relevant for their future career.
Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF)
The Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF) is Malaysia’s declaration about its qualifications and their quality in relation to its education system. MQF is an instrument that develops and classifies qualifications based on a set of criteria that are approved nationally and benchmarked against international best practices, and which clarifies the earned academic levels, learning outcomes of study areas and credit system based on student academic load. These criteria are accepted and used for all qualifications awarded by recognised higher education providers. Hence, MQF integrates with and links all national qualifications.
MQF has eight levels of qualifications which range from certificates to doctoral qualifications in three national sectors, Skills, Vocational and Technical as well as Higher Education.
- More than 30 years of experience in international education
- 2% of the international student population around the world
- Close to 100,000 international students
- A wide range of courses ranging from English language programmes and diplomas, to degrees and post-graduate studies
- A variety of study options in private higher educational institutions, foreign university branch campuses and public universities
- Flexible external degree programmes that cater to different budgets and academic needs
- Excellent internationally-recognised qualifications
If you opt to study in Malaysia, you can get the best of two worlds – a degree from a highly recognised international university, at a very affordable cost. There are three ways to do this:
- Study at a Malaysian Private University and earn a bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree that is recognised worldwide
- Study at a Foreign University Branch campus in Malaysia at a lower cost and get a degree issued by the parent university
- Study at a private college under a split degree programme or 3+0 degree programme
International Innovative College
Unit GL35, Main Lobby, Block C, Kelana Square, Jalan SS7/26, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email us at :